Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Best Christmas Present Ever!

Okay so I have been such a blog slacker! So much has gone on since my last post so where should I begin? Well first our blog header picture has changed. Thanks to the amazing Kristin Mosura we have some beautiful new family pictures. Here are just a few of my favorites. Actually every picture was fabulous. I've had to do a lot of substitute teaching to pay for them but totally worth it! Enjoy..................






Next on the agenda Elodie is eight months old! Wow she has changed so much this month. I see now that she is too quickly entering the toddler stage and leaving behind any signs of being a baby. I don't like it one bit, but she is so much fun to be around lately. Here is what she has been up to:

She loves her puppy! They are fast friends and she looks for him when she wakes up each morning. When Huntley hears her stirring in the morning he nudges her door open with his nose and greets her. They spend all their time together on the floor ---Elodie grabbing him and Huntley licking her.
We finally have two teeth. The first one broke through last week and then I saw the second one this morning. She did really well with both of them---not too much fussing. I didn't expect them to come in so close to one another.
She eats most all fruits and vegetables and eats well. I've tried giving her the "puffs" but she doesn't quite get the concept. She drinks a 6 ounce bottle every 5 hours.
She scoots everywhere and does a lot of "army crawling" but no crawling on her hands and knees. Oh well, she will when she's ready. I actually like it because I can leave her alone and know she won't get very far.
She says DA DA! I personally don't think she associates the word with Jeff but don't tell him! When she says it at 5 in the morning though I say to to Jeff, "She's calling you!" All in all she is talking so much more. She loves to babble all the time. She especially likes to talk on the phone to her Nu Nu.
She loves to fake laugh to get our attention. It's sounds like an orangutan to me but she gets the biggest kick out of it. Her daddy can still make her giggle all the time.
Her measurements are she weighs 17 pounds and is 27 inches long.
We are anxiously awaiting our first Christmas together as family. God has blesses us so much this past year and we are grateful for his grace and unwavering love. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a blessed 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Elodie Claire is such a beautiful name!! And your new pictures are incredible...you will cherish them always...they turned out sooooo very lovely!

    Blessings for a peaceful and happy new year!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete