There were so many things to be thankful for this past Thanksgiving, but among them was the life of my precious brother Scott. Here is Scott two weeks after Elodie was born meeting his neice and Goddaughter for the first time. He couldn't put her down. On June 1st Scott was hit by a drunk driver while on duty and lost his left leg on impact. As you can imagine it has been a difficult road for him these last 5 months but he has triumphed over every hurdle. His attitude has amazed me and he is such an example to all of us that with the Lord at your side you can endure all things. The Little Rock news station did a feature on him this past week and I thought I would share it with you. It shows just how far he has come and will continue to go. Click below and watch my amazing brother:
On another note, the gentleman who was convicted of hitting him while intoxicated must surrender himself this Thursday for his 16 year sentence. He will serve 7 years now and then be on parol for the rest of his life. I have mixed emotions but I am filled with sadness that such a poor decision changed the lives of two men forever. I ask you to continue to pray for Scott as well as the driver and his family throughout this difficult time. I can only imagine what this man and his family are going through.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving trip down south and I will post pictures and details very soon!



Thanks for sharing that! I couldn't get the link to work to read the story.
ReplyDelete