I know Elodie, it's shocking that you are nine months old.
So Elodie Claire turned nine months old on Saturday the 16th. This last month she has come alive with activity and movement---CONSTANTLY. She is not content to sit and relax anymore. She must be playing with toys or crawling----backwards that is. This is how I find her sometimes.....
She has been wedged under chairs, the dining room table and of course the white ottomans. She figures out where she wants to go and then turns around and crawls backwards. Pretty smart. She also pivots around and around until she meets her final destination. I can see the light switch has turned on in her precious head that going forward would be easier but she just can't get her body to cooperate.
She still loves to be in her Johnny Jump-Up and can go to town. I usually put her in it right before bed or a nap so that she can wear her little self out.
I have heard that babies around this age begin to become clingy and have separation anxiety and that is true for baby girl. All of the sudden I have to be in the same room with her at all times or she breaks out into tears. So there have been a lot of tears. Hey, I have to go to the bathroom sometime. Over Christmas we got out of our sleeping routine with two teeth coming in and then we spent a lot of time at our families houses, usually past her bedtime. Then she has been sick so we did anything it took to make her comfortable and fall asleep. So now she is totally out of whack. I used to be able to put her in her crib awake and then she would fall asleep for the entire night. NOT NOW! She throws a fit when I put her in her crib and has been waking up in the middle of the night. This past week we decided it was time to furberize(sp) the little pumpkin so we saw a lot of this......
She definitely has will power but so do I. After three nights of her crying up to an hour when we put her to bed and then again each night around 2 am, she slept the entire night last night. She still cried for an hour when I put her to bed last night but we are making progress.
Now to the monthly facts:
- She weighs 18.8 lbs and 27.5 inches
- She still will eat any baby food but isn't interested in table food yet. She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner and a 6 ounce bottle every 5 hours.
- She loves to play with her toys and of course everything still goes in her mouth
- Her lamb is looking pretty bad and we have to wash it every couple of days.
- She says Hi and Dada but still no Momma
- She has begun to willfully throw fits but amazingly when I say No Mam in a firm voice she stops. We'll see how long that lasts.
- We've had to lower the crib now that she sits up and tugs on the crib rails.
- She loves books!
- She takes two naps each day but the time asleep varies.
Random cute pictures:



Oh Kendal! She is ADORABLE!
ReplyDelete