Is there anything more beautiful than a sleeping baby? Just in the last ten days Elodie has begun to need something to stroke as she falls asleep. Her favorite seems to be her lamby blanket as you see here. It is amazing how her personality develops from week to week. She also has begun to touch our faces as we talk to her. I nearly cried this morning as she touched her PaPa's face as he was greeting her. She has such a sweet spirit.
Elodie has been sleeping a lot the last two days. She hasn't quite been herself. Extra needy, fussy,and she hasn't stuck to her routine---and she is like clock work. She never cries and she has been crying more frequently, and it is her cry when she is uncomfortable. So like any new mom I have been noticing every body movement wondering if it is a sign as to what is wrong. No teeth yet, lots of drool though. No fever but she has been swatting at her ears. My mother too noticed the difference and convinced me to go to the doctor. I say convinced because I tend to wait until I know something's wrong before I take any medical action. So three hours later after waiting in the sick room at the pediatrician and there's nothing wrong with her. I am glad however I went. I'd rather hear she's well than let something go untreated. She has her 5 month well checkup next Thursday so we'll be back again soon to hear how perfect she is. I did however find out she is 15 lbs. 4 oz. and 26 inches long. In five months she has almost doubled in birth weight!



Such sweet pics! I hope everything goes well at her check up.
ReplyDelete