Sunday, October 24, 2010

Chocolate Love

If there was ever any doubt that Elodie was my daughter, well not anymore. Elodie was introduced, by accident, to chocolate and it was love at first bite. I was unloading the dishwasher when Elodie came in to the kitchen and was digging in the pantry. This wasn't unusual so I told her to close it and she went back to the living where I thought she was watching Sesame Street.
I started to hear the rustle of plastic and I couldn't imagine what that could be. I called to her to come and show me what she found and in walks a very proud little girl saying, "yum, yum, yum." While she was in the pantry she found an unopened box of cookies and took it back with her to the living room. She managed to open the box, open the plastic surrounding the cookies and helped herself to a morning treat. Until then I hadn't given her any chocolate. When I looked in the living room she had all the cookies laid out on the ottoman ready to be devoured. She was so proud of herself that I thought I should let her eat one cookie but in a contained area....her high chair. I've never heard such happy sounds from her while eating before.


I was proud of myself for letting her get so dirty and not try to keep her clean.

One happy little girl.

To make myself feel better we ended the "meal" with some fruit!






No comments:

Post a Comment