Tuesday, March 16, 2010

11 Months Old

So another month has flown by and Elodie turned 11 months old today. I remember last month at this time I was preparing for her to come and making sure I had everything ready for her arrival. It was a precious time. There's just an undescribable feeling mothers have while carrying their unborn children. I thought I couldn't love her more even then and now I get to spend my days with this amazing gift God has placed in our keeping. She is such a delight and our joy grows more each day. She has become such a character. She is very solem in public but really hams it up at home. She loves to talk, hop, bounce, and flap her arms as she scoots on her knees. She is pulling up on everything and trying to ballance without holding on to anything. I fear the walking stage but know it is coming soon. She is still listening to me when I tell her no and crawls away from things when I say No No. Then she smiles at me and says thank you. Every time she listened to us we would always say thank you and now she says it routinely. Her other words are of course still Da Da and duc or guc for Huntley the dog. She still loves him and cuddles with him on the floor. I have learned to get over the dog hair and let her love on him.
We are beginning to see that she views me as the boss and Daddy as her play pal especially when it comes to putting her to bed.
She is still a great sleeper and eater. She has three teeth--two on the bottom, one up top, with three more on top just about to break through.
I have loved the warmer weather because she has become my own personal doll lately. I love dressing her up and a bow is now essential with all her long hair. She loves being outside and going on walks. We went to Norton Art Gallery the other day and she loved looking at the streams and playing with the flowers.


She is a Daddy's girl all the way!


Smashing pansies in her hand was too much fun.

A beautiful happy baby all around. I can't believe she is almost one year old.







2 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is almost 1 either! What a sweet, cute little doll! She is precious!

    PS: how'd you get a clear picture with a blurry background at Norton? I like that look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE her little dress! She is adorable!

    ReplyDelete