Monday, February 22, 2010

Hey, I'm Ten Months Old!

So Elodie turned 10 months last Tuesday, February 16th. She is our joy and just when I think we can't love her anymore, our hearts explode! It never fails that once she goes to bed, Jeffrey looks at me and says, "I miss her." God has blessed us far beyond what our hearts desired.
Here is what our baby girl is up to:
She can't sit still! She started crawling forward instead of backwards and she is constantly on the go. She also sits on her knees and bounces up and down, flapping her arms! Now she has begun to do this in her crib so we had to lower it to its lowest point. She has also started pulling up on everything.
She also has become very vocal. She is always babbling and saying Dada---no mama! I try to say Moma to her and she just stares and then smiles and says Dada.
Elodie has started some rituals that she likes done at certain times of the day. When she wakes up in the morning or from a nap she reaches towards her cabinet. She wants to pet her lamb that her Aunt KK gave her. She coos and then pets it's face.
We recently hung some portraits of Elodie, Jeffrey, and I in our Living room. When we walk by them she wants to touch them, especially the one of just her. It's so funny. How this got started, I don't know.
Her NuNu has taught her how to wave goodbye and play patty cake. She started making her baby doll wave first and then she started mimicking the doll.
Her first table food was her Aunt Leslie's squash and she loved it! She loves to eat but doesn't like any baby food that is a mixture like chicken and rice. She'll probably be the child who doesn't want the different foods to touch on her plate.
She sleeps through the night and takes two naps a day.
Baby Einstein is still a favorite and is magic! Fun on the farm is her new favorite.
If a need her to stay busy while I do something I let her "organize her diapers." I left her playing in her room once and it got very quiet. When I looked in to check on her she had crawled over to her diaper basket and was taking each diaper out of the basket one by one. She was so pleased with herself. Now I let her do it when I need to get a quick chore done.
She weighs 19.6 pounds which is in the 50th percentile.
Length is 27.5 inches which is in the 50th percentile.
Her head I can't remember other than it was in the 25th percentile.
As you can see below, her cheeks are in the 200th percentile!

She can go from this..........................

to this in four seconds.

We love our sweet Eclair!



2 comments:

  1. She is precious! They grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..E-clair! I get it now. CUTE nickname!! Elodie..you are such a BIG girl now. We love watching you grow.

    ReplyDelete