Friday, October 16, 2009

Our Little Pumpkin is Six Months!

<






     Our sweet little Elodie turned 6 months today. My heart aches with how fast the time is going by. I am however enjoying every moment with her. These pictures are from our lunch date with Daddy at the pumpkin patch. Finally the rain stopped so that we could enjoy the beautiful fall weather. We will go to the doctor next week for her check-up so I don't have her current measurements to share. Here are some of the things our big sixth month old is up to these days:

She has been eating cereal for a month now and we will next begin to try vegetables. Hopefully she will like them better than her parents.

She still drinks a four ounce bottle every three hours expect throughout the night.

She still is a great sleeper. We can just place her in her crib awake at about 7 pm and she goes to sleep willingly. If she cries it is for about 2.5 seconds and then she closes her eyes. She MUST sleep with her lamby pie! It's amazing how she is soothed by this animal. Unfortunately she still likes to cover her face completely when she falls asleep.

She is sitting pretty well but gets wobbly still. We need more tummy time!

She is very interested in Huntley. She wants to touch him all the time and likes it when he licks her hands. I however do not. I've seen what else he licks!!!!!

We had to upgrade to a big girl car seat. Her weight was within the limits of her first one but she out grew the length. She loves her new one. She just chats with herself and plays with a rattle instead of crying like she used to.

She loves to giggle , smile, and laugh but not for strangers. She is very selective on who she will preform for.

It has been fun to see her become more animated with all of her toys. They actually bring her enjoyment now instead of just something she could grip onto.

Give her a piece of paper and she will be happy for hours. Forget presents......she'll just take the wrapping.

She has started reaching out for Jeff and I and of course that makes our hearts melt.

I'm sure there is much more so I will add them when we get back from her wellness check-up next week.

It's hard to believe that half of her first year is over. Jeff and I are so fulfilled now that she is in our lives. I can honestly say I don't want or need anything else. Being Elodie's mother has been the greatest gift the the Lord has blessed me with. I am so grateful that he has entrusted her to Jeff and I. God is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment